Our cemeteries provide a beautiful place to visit year-round. It may feel like a park when you are visiting, but please remember that these are sacred burial grounds. We ask that you would respect and follow these rules and regulations when you visit. In general, try to be respectful to other visitors and the grounds.
Privacy and Quiet
- Respect the privacy of other patrons visiting graves or attending services.
- Keep noise levels to a minimum.
- No loitering.
- No use of profanity.
- No music.
- No alcoholic beverages of any kind are permitted.
- You may need to step over other graves to reach a loved one’s grave. It is acceptable to do so, but please watch your step for vases, grave stones and sprinkler heads.
- No climbing or pushing on monuments.
- Vandalism is prohibited, illegal, and will be prosecuted.
- Keep the cemetery clean and use provided garbage cans.
- Children under 16 should be accompanied by an adult.
- Pets must be on leash and should stay on paved roadways. Clean up after your pet.
- No glass, ceramic, concrete or plastic containers or statuary are allowed at any grave site.
- No planting of trees, bushes or shrubs.
- No lighting devices are allowed.
- No whirligigs, balloons, or other decorative items are allowed.
- Only flowers are allowed whether real, plastic or silk. Flowers must be placed on markers or in containers provided.
- Drive at a safe speed at all times not to exceed 5 mph.
- Parking along the roadside is permitted, although do not park in front of an open interment site unless you are part of the funeral procession.
- No parking or driving on the grass is permitted.
- Turn music off or down so that it can not be heard outside of the vehicle.
- The cemetery closes at 4 pm. Vehicles must leave the grounds and park on the street.
The Galt-Arno Cemetery District assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged flowers or other items placed at a grave site. Items are subject to weathering, wind damage, sun damage, theft or routine maintenance activity. The District also reserves the right to remove any and all damaged items from any grave at the time such items are determined to be damaged and non-serviceable.
This is an endowment care facility.