History

The Galt-Arno Cemetery District serves residents within the Galt High School District boundary, which includes the City of Galt, greater Galt area, as well as the surrounding territory. The Galt-Arno Cemetery District was formed in 1949 by The Phoenix Lodge, an Independent Order of Odd Fellows, originating between 1875-1876, who established the cemetery on the South edge of town. This District has two cemeteries: Hicksville Cemetery, established in 1879, and the Galt Cemetery, established in 1877.